Now at the largest provider of employer-sponsored child care, Daniel just launched a brand new community, and it’s always fun to talk to someone in the middle of a launch. Plus:
- Using community as a value-add to employer-provided benefits
- Jive Software’s decision to sell their external community business to Lithium
- Making gamification meaningful
Our Podcast is Made Possible By…
If you enjoy our show, please know that it’s only possible with the generous support of our sponsor: Higher Logic.
Our podcast transcript was not completed before publishing time. Once it has been, we will update this post with featured quotes. Sorry for the delay.
About Daniel Marotta
Daniel Marotta has been a community professional for over 10 years. He’s implemented community strategies that span financial services, high tech, manufacturing and education industries. Daniel lives for customer advocacy and has been the voice of the customer for some of Fortune 500’s most prominent companies. He currently resides in Boston, MA and works for the industry leader in child care.
This is a partial list of links from this episode. The list will be completed once our transcript has been finished. Thank you for your patience.
- Sponsor: Higher Logic, the community platform for community managers
- Daniel on LinkedIn
- CommunityCo, where Patrick has accepted the role of director of community, leading online community efforts for the company’s portfolio of communities, including YEC, the Forbes Councils and Men’s Health Fitness Council
- Ryan Paugh and Scott Gerber, the founders of CommunityCo
- Jenn Pedde, former Community Signal guest, who helped make Patrick’s career move possible
- Bright Horizons, a provider of early education and preschools, employer-sponsored child care, back-up care, educational advisory services and other work and life solutions, where Daniel is director of community
- Bright Horizons Community
- Lithium Technologies, a community software company who recently acquired Jive Software’s external community platform, Jive-x
- Community Signal episode with Kim England, where we discussed how the selection of an enterprise community software vendor can have a professional cost
- “Lithium Adds Jive-x Tech to its Customer Community Platform” by Barry Levine for MarTech Today, about how Lithium will handle Jive-x customers for now
- Salesforce Community Cloud, which Bright Horizon uses to power their community
- Daniel on Twitter
Our transcript was not completed in time for the release of this episode. Once it is finished, we’ll update the post and include it here.
[00:00:04] Speaker: You’re listening to Community Signal. The podcast for online community professionals. Sponsored by Higher Logic, the community platform for community managers. Tweet as you listen using #communitysignal. Here’s your host, Patrick O’Keefe.
Patrick O’Keefe: Let’s take a pause here to talk about our excellent sponsor, Higher Logic. Higher Logic is the community platform for community managers with over 25 million engaged users in more than 200,000 communities. Organizations worldwide use Higher Logic to bring like-minded people together by giving their community a home where they can meet, share ideas and stay connected. The platform’s granular permissions and powerful tools, including automated workflows and consolidated email digests, empower users to create their own interest-based communities, schedule and manage events, and participate in volunteer and mentoring programs. Tap into the power your community can generate for you. Higher Logic, all together.
If you have any thoughts on this episode that you’d like to share, please leave me a comment, send me an email or a tweet. If you enjoy the show, we would be so grateful if you spread the word and supported Community Signal on Patreon.
Thank you for listening to Community Signal.